Thursday, August 5, 2010

First set of stitches!

Our fun day at the park ended up at the Dr Nye's office getting stitches in Kennley's chin! This cute little boy who was Kennley's age came to sit next to me on the park bench and Kennley wanted to follow him, but when she tried to step up on the conctete block she must have tripped and fell face first on the concrete step and smacked her chin. Luckily the cute grandmother and mother of the little boy ran over and tried to help me get Kennley to see if she was okay. By this time she was screaming and blood was just gushing from her chin. My first instinct was to just hold her, but she needed to get to the Dr. The cute ladies ran to their car and got a first aid kit to wipe both of us down. They offered to take us to the Dr so I could sit in the backseat and hold her, but we were not far from her Pediatrician. In order to give her a lidocane shot to numb the area for stitches she had to be papoosed!!! My poor little thing was screaming bloody murder in the papoose, and sweating bullets. My heart ached for her, but I had to keep myself calm inorder to keep her calm. It took about an hour from start to finish, but we made it through her first experience of getting stitches! I did learn one thing....my little sweet princess is VERY feisty and STRONG!









3 comments:

Clemments Family said...

Poor girl! Not fun! Glad she is okay!

mike and elise said...

Oh, poor Kennley! Those photos of her in the papoose are so SAD!! I'm glad that it wasn't worse. Kiss her chin better for us. :)

Jim Tiff and Kidlets said...

Seeing kids in a papoose (even if its for their own good) always makes me sad. Way to raise a tough one though.