Friday, June 27, 2008

What a rought past couple of days we have had. I think we are going on the sixth day with Kennley being super fussy, and we weren't sure what was going on. First of all she has acid reflux and takes previced every day(thank goodness for the medicine). We have spent the last few nights walking around the house for hours while she just cries and screams and we can't do anything to calm her down. My first thought was to call her pediatricion but he is out of town, so I have been stressing out thinking something else could be wrong. So tonight I finally decided we needed to take her into the Dr. to make sure everything was OK. We loaded her in the car at 10:00 p.m. and drove to Wee Care Pediatrics and had her looked at to be on the safe side. She did really well when we first got there, but when the Dr. started poking around she was not haveing it. She had a little built up wax in her right ear so her got his little plastic instrument out and went after it. Brent was holding her body down while he cleaned out her ears and all I could do was stand back and close my eyes. My poor baby was screaming her lungs off and turning as red as a tomato. I couldn't wait until it was over!!! But it was the cutest thing ever when Brent was holding her to get her to calm down she buried her face in his chest and fell right to sleep. Luckily she did not have a fever or any other infection going on, but the conclusion was she has collic. I can sleep a little better now knowing that my baby is not sick.

2 comments:

mike and elise said...

POOR KENNLEY! I'M GLAD SHE'S NOT SICK . . . WE'RE EXCITED FOR THE BLESSING ON SUNDAY.

ALSO, TAG, YOU'RE IT! LOOK AT MY BLOG TO SEE WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.

Chinos :) said...

Hi,
I yelled to tomas, hey do you know a april checketts and he was all " ya I went to high school with her" so he knew right who you were :) Sorry that your little one is not the happiest colic babies are for sure a challenge, my first Reese was a breeze of a child, and my next one Halle is so much more harder, she also had reflux so bad and she crys all the time but they grow out of it i hear so hang in there and when it gets too be so bad just put her in the crib with some toys and the tv or music and just let her cry, its hard but it gives you a minute too relax and maybe get some things done! And Tomas is always teasing the girls too lie the diaper on the head thing, I swear some guys :) but they get so sweet with there little girls